Since APEC break started last Monday here are some of the things I’ve been doing:
- Watch the latest James Bond film – Christoph Waltz was seriously under utilized in this movie. He is no Javier Bardem and for someone who played the super perfect villain, Hans Landa in Inglorious Basterds, he was disappointing. Plus the movie felt tremendously long. I did like the locales though, very exotic.
- Catch up on some reading – last Sunday I bought two new books, Robert Galbraith’s Career of Evil and Anthony Doerr’s All the Light we Cannot See. A few more books scratched off my ever growing reading list.
- Reminisce about events – it dawned on me that a year ago I was in China with my students. We visited Beijing and Xi’an to learn about Chinese Civilization. It was a fun and very memorable trip.
- Enjoying food – revisited Izakaya Kikufuji and enjoying the company of friends and good Japanese food.
- Finding some interesting things – sometimes I drop by Booksale and see what new stuff they have. I found this:
- Christmas shopping – Hoping to beat the Christmas rush and traffic I started early. Bought my (not so) little nephews and nieces gifts already. I just need to think of gifts for office and family. Good bye Christmas bonus.
- Blogging – all this free time gives me a lot of time to write. Have you read my latest book review?